Wednesday, May 19, 2010

PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE


Leftover rice has been staring at me in the fridge for a few days now and my fresh pineapple was looking not so fresh. I remembered this recipe I got from a Korean girl in my ward (church) a while back that just happens to use the ingredients I was trying to use up! Fried rice is something I don't make real often because it's not the healthiest side dish, but I was able to modify this a bit so there was less guilt. I LOVE the pineapple in this rice! It adds such a nice mild sweetness without taking away from the other flavors.

PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
(Recipe from Sandra Liu Ashcroft)

1 Tbsp. oil (I used coconut oil)
2 eggs, beaten (I used 1 egg and liquid egg white)
2 slices bacon cut into 1 inch pieces (I used 3 slices of prosciutto)
2 cups cooked rice (mine was half white, half brown)
1 tsp. salt (I used 3/4 tsp.)
1/2 tsp. pepper
10 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained (I used fresh pineapple)
1 green onion, sliced

Heat oil in wok and scramble the eggs. Set aside. Fry bacon (if using prosciutto, you'll need to add a little more oil before adding rice). Add rice to bacon, mix well. Add salt, pepper, pineapple and eggs, stir and cook until dry. Stir in sliced green onion before serving. 

 

No comments: