Monday, June 28, 2010

PB&J Syrup

This photo is far from appetizing, I know! But, trust me it is mighty tasty if you like peanut butter on your waffles and pancakes. My kids are always wanting peanut butter, syrup AND jam on their waffles so today I decided to try mixing them all together in one easy-to-pour syrup. Since I was just playing around, I didn't really do exact measurements, but this should be close.

PB&J Syrup:
makes enough for approx. 8 waffles

2 heaping Tbsp. smooth peanut butter ( I used natural which is slightly runnier to begin with)
3 heaping Tbsp. strawberry jam, or whatever you have
4 Tbsp. maple syrup
1-2 Tbsp. water (until desired consistency)
1 tsp. butter

Combine all ingredients in microwaveable bowl or glass measuring cup. Heat for 20 seconds, stir and heat another 20 seconds or until peanut butter is liquefied.

Enjoy over waffles, pancakes, french toast and I bet it would even be good on ice cream or bananas!

No comments: