Wednesday, June 30, 2010

PIZZA FACTORY-LIKE BREADSTICKS

If you live in Utah and haven't tried breadsticks from the Pizza Factory, you are missing out big time! I found this recipe on Favorite Family Recipes and found that it's a close match to the real thing. I have to admit that they probably would have tasted even MORE like the real thing had I used all white flour and used more butter; maybe I'll go "all out" next time. The breadsticks are best served the same day, as they toughen up as leftovers.

PIZZA FACTORY-LIKE BREADSTICKS
(makes approx. 10-12 large breadsticks)

Preheat oven to 400

1 1/2 c. warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. instant yeast
Combine above ingredients and let rest for 5 minutes. 
To the above mixture, add 
3 1/2 C.  all-purpose flour (or part wheat flour)
1 tsp. salt

Mix until smooth and let rise in covered bowl for 10 minutes. Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface. Brush with real melted butter that has been mixed with garlic powder or chopped garlic, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Fold dough in half and cut into 1" strips. Twist a few times and place on baking sheet. Let rise for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle with more kosher salt and grated parmesan cheese.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Im going to have to try these cause those breadsticks you made at your house awhile back Dirk absolutly loved! I think I remember telling you that right after. It was funny cause he loved them so much that he told his mom about them and he wanted her to try n make some. I thought that was funny. So if you remember which ones Im talking about then you should make those and post them on here and Ill surprise Dirk with them! :)

Kelli said...

OK, I will have to scratch my head a bit on those.

The Double Dipped Life said...

My husband LOVES Pizza factory, so I'll have to try these! Thanks!

The Double Dipped Life said...

I just blogged about your wonderful bread sticks!