Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Banana Apple PB Oatmeal

Oatmeal is such a fun blank canvas to play with. You can make all kinds of concoctions without much of a recipe at all; just use your imagination! Since my kids LOVE peanut butter, I like to find different ways to use it for breakfast. Today I thought about what we like to dip in peanut butter. Apples & Bananas! And the natural choice for a sweetener; honey! I promise mine wasn't swimming in honey as it appears in the picture! The oatmeal was still pretty warm when I added the honey, so it melted and pooled up around the rim. It may not look too good for a picture, but it sure tastes good!

BANANA APPLE PB OATMEAL
(makes 4 servings)

1.  Cook up 1 C. of dry oat according to the package directions
2.  Add 1 large handful of dried apples at the same time you dump the oats in the water (I like to use the ones from the LDS church cannery) or you can chop up fresh apples into small chunks.
3.  Dice 1 banana and add most of it to the oatmeal once it's off the heat. Save some banana to garnish.
4.  Dish up oatmeal into 4 serving bowls
5.  Top each bowl of oatmeal with 1 Tbsp. of peanut butter or almond butter (do this while oatmeal is still warm so that it will melt and stir in easily).
6.  Drizzle each with honey to sweeten to desired taste.
 

1 comment:

Shari said...

This looks really good Kel! Dirk loves oatmeal, so Ill have to try this one morning! Thanks! Im so glad you have this lil blog! I LOVE it! It has given me some much needed ideas! :)