EGGLESS CHOCOLATE COOKIE
(adapted from Recipezaar) makes approx. 12-14 medium size cookies
1/4 C. trans-fat free margarine, such as Smart Balance
2 Tbsp. Canola or Vegetable oil
3/4 C. sugar
3-4 Tbsp. milk or water
1/4 tsp. salt (scant)
1/2 tsp. baking soda (scant)
1 C. All-purpose flour
1/3 C. cocoa
Preheat oven to 400
1. Cream margarine, oil, sugar & 1 Tbsp. milk until light and fluffy.
2. Add remaining milk and beat well.
3. Mix dry ingredients
4. Add dry ingredients to margarine mixture
5. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes
6. Roll into balls and place on greased baking sheet
7. Bake @ 400 for approx. 9-10 minutes (they will look puffy)
8. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely
EGGLESS MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
(adapted from Allrecipes)
1 C. 1% milk
1 C. half & half
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
3 drops green food coloring, optional
1/2 C. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine milk, half & half, sugar, salt, vanilla & peppermint extract. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add food coloring and stir until evenly colored.
3. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to instructions.
4. After 10 minutes of freezing, add the mini chocolate chips.
5. Continue to freeze in ice cream maker until thick, approx. 30 minutes.
6. Remove ice cream from maker and place in freezable container.
7. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
Assembly of Ice cream Sandwiches:
Place a heaping mound of ice cream on top of the bottom side of one of the chocolate cookies. Place another chocolate cookie bottom side down, on top of the ice cream. Gently press the two cookies together; trying to get ice cream to squeeze out to edges of cookie. Once assembled, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze 30 minutes or until ready to eat.