Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WATERMELON & FETA SALAD


I am now a lover of watermelon on salad! What a refreshing addition it was! I've seen recipes like this in the past, but haven't been to enticed by them for some reason. Wow, have I been missing out! This is such a simple salad, yet very satisfying and filling.


WATERMELON & FETA SALAD
(recipe from Woman's Day magazine, July 2010)   serves 4

Dressing:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (I mixed white cooking wine with white vinegar)
1 Tbsp. lime juice (I used fresh)
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
Salad:
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 lb. seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks
1/2 seedless cucumber, cut in half horizontally, then sliced
3 C. baby arugala (I just used the Boston lettuce from my garden, as I am not a fan of arugala)
3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (fat free tastes fine to me)

1. In a bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add onion and let sit 10 minutes.
2. Add watermelon, cucumber and lettuce to bowl. Gently toss to combine.
3. T op salad with crumbled feta and serve.

No comments: