Tuesday, August 17, 2010

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES -- My new favorite!

Chocolate chip cookies are funny; we all have "our chocolate chip cookie recipe" that we claim to be THE BEST! And it's a tough sell to get anyone to try your "better" recipe. Well, I tried this recipe, and it's now going to be "my" chocolate chip cookie recipe! I have to give credit to The Pink Peppercorn for this wonderful recipe with a secret ingredient of cornstarch, which I've never used in any cookies other than meltaways.  Thank you for making all my hard exercise and calorie counting fly right out the window! My husband and I both ate so much of the dough that we considered not even baking any because we knew that would lead to us eating even MORE of these perfect cookies, but of course, we had to test the real thing all baked up. I do have to say that these cookies are best when totally cooled and set, so maybe an hour or so after they come out of the oven. Go make them now and let me know how they compare to "your chocolate chip cookie recipe!".

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


(Printable Recipe)

3/4 C. butter, softened (unsalted)
1 C. unpacked light brown sugar
1/4 C. granulated sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 C. all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 C. chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Thoroughly combine butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until thoroughly combined.
4. Mix in chocolate chips
5. Using an ice cream scoop, drop 8 balls of dough onto greased baking sheets. Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 6 minutes.
6. Remove baking sheets from oven and gently press each cookie with a spatula to flatten slightly. If dough appears too gooey to squish, place back in oven for another minute or two.
7. Continue to bake for another 4-6 minutes, until cookies appear slightly golden around the edges and still appear slightly raw in the center. This will help keep them soft.
8. Allow cookies to set up on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing them to wire racks for cooling. Allow to cool only briefly before transferring to a sealed container for storing.

3 comments:

Si said...

Cute blog! I am always game for trying a new cc cookie recipe. I have a tried and true, but am going to make a batch of these this morning. Thanks!

Kelli said...

So glad you found me! Thanks for the compliment, there are so many wonderful food blogs out there, and mine is a work in progress!

Shari said...

I love Kellis blog! Yes Kel, this also looks good! So are they better than gmas?