Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP DIP

My daughters were invited to a late night PJ party to celebrate the last night of being able to stay up late before school starts. I thought this would be a fun, kid-friendly treat to send with them; full of all kinds of sugary goodness like cream cheese, chocolate chips, m&m's and Oreos. Not to mention the cookies that will be dipped in the sugary goodness. I thought I'd just have a little taste and be done with it. Oh no, no, this stuff is addicting! The recipe sounded like it would turn out pretty much like a cream cheese frosting, which is somewhat true, but not quite as powdered sugar tasting, and refrigeration makes it a little stiffer. So, if you like frosting, you'll love this!

CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP DIP
(From Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)

(Printable Recipe)

1 cube (1/2 C.) butter, softened
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened (I used Neuftchatel)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 C. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
Toppings such as crushed Oreos, mini M&M's, nuts, sprinkles, etc.

Cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Beat in sugars and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up a bit. Form into a rounded mound on plate and top with various toppings. Serve with graham crackers, Teddy Grahams, Nilla Wafers, etc.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Oh my this looks delicious!!! I'm going to have to try this when I get home! Yummy!