Friday, August 27, 2010

ZUCCHINI BROWNIES

Surprise! It's another zucchini post! The title of this recipe is Zucchini Brownies, but you could just as well call it cake. I made a few modifications to make it "healthier" and wow did it turn out moist and good! So good that I ate way more than my fair share of the 9x13 pan, and just skipped dinner all together. I added a good dollop of Cool Whip (yes, the totally artificial stuff) on top, but it was plenty good all by itself too.

ZUCCHINI BROWNIES

(Printable Recipe)

1 C. wheat flour
1/2 C. oat flour
1/2 C. all purpose flour
1 1/4 C. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 C. Dutch process cocoa
1 egg
1/4 C. coconut oil (can also use Canola oil)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 C. finely grated zucchini (don't squeeze out any of the moisture)
3/4 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream, optional

Preheat oven to 350 F
Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl and set aside. Mix all wet ingredients into medium bowl. Add contents of medium bowl into large bowl and mix well. Spread evenly into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. (Mine were perfect at 33 minutes)
Cool completely. Top with whipped cream if desired.

2 comments:

Xiaolu said...

This looks very tasty, Kelli! Zucchini brownies is a totally new idea to me, but I've made some delicious chocolate zucchini bread so I know I'd enjoy this a lot :).

Kels @ K and K Test Kitchen said...

Hi! I chose these delicious zucchini brownies for SRC this month. Thanks for sharing the recipe!