Saturday, October 16, 2010

COOKIE DOUGH RICE KRISPIE TREATS

Driving home from Salt Lake City last night, I was conjuring up ideas to ceate a recipe all my own. Sure, I tweak recipes a lot to suit my family's taste, to make them more nutritous, or to use up ingredients in my fridge, but rarely do I actually do something all my own. Ok, I won't toot my own horn too much, it's not like I came up with something brilliant. All I did was combine two things my family loves; cookie dough and rice krispie treats. I was a little sceptical as to how they would turn out, but had to make them and get the thought out of my head. I was more than happy with the outcome; as the half-empty pan will tell. (The cookie dough middle is safe to eat raw because it doesn't contain any eggs.)

COOKIE DOUGH RICE KRISPIE TREATS
(Printable Recipe)

EGGLESS COOKIE DOUGH:

In medium bowl, combine
5 Tbsp. brown sugar
6 Tbsp. sugar
4 Tbsp. softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. whole milk (I used 2 Tbsp. 1% and 1 Tbsp. half and half).
Mix until creamy

In seperate bowl, combine
1 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
Add this dry mixture to creamy mixture. Mix until well combined. Set aside




RICE KRISPIES:

2 Tbsp. butter*
10 oz. mini marshmellows
6 C. Rice Krispies cereal

In large pan, melt butter over medium low heat. Lower temperature to low and add marshmellows. Stir occassionally until melted and smooth. Turn off heat and add rice kripies cereal and stir until coated evenly with marshmellow mixture.
*This is reduced from the recipe you will find on the Rice Krispies box

Spray an 8x11 pan with non stick spray

Press half of the rice krispie treat mixture in bottom of pan by wetting hands with water and pressing the rice krispies evenly. Press all of the cookie dough evenly on top of rice krispie treat base. Top with remaining rice krisipie treat mixture, by pressing evenly with wet hands. Set aside until completely set; approx. 45 minutes. Cut into bars.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

These were wonderful!!!! A little tough to spread the dough on. I suggested globbing it throughout the pan, as well as same method with adding layer 2 of marshmallow krispies.