Friday, October 1, 2010

PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES

Yikes! Do I dare post this photo? I was half way out the door with these cookies when I realized I hadn't snapped a pic of them for this post, so this is a real quick and dirty pic of a not so pretty cookie. This past week I have been making a different goodie each day for the grand opening week of our new showroom for our granite counter top business. It has been fun to try new recipes, eat a little, then cart them away for others to finish off (instead of me polishing them off myself and pretending like I only ate half as much as I really did!)  I got this recipe from Annie's Eats, where she has a much prettier picture of them, by the way.  In her post, she commented on the less than pretty look of the cookies, but promised they were real good. Let me tell you, the taste definitely makes up for looks! My 5 year old daughter said, "These are the bestest cookies you have EVER made." Wow, I didn't see that coming! Please don't let their sorry looks prevent you from trying them!

PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES
(Printable Recipe)


makes approx. 24 cookies

Ingredients:



2 cups all-purpose flour


1½ tsp. baking powder


1 tsp. baking soda


½ tsp. salt


1 tsp. ground cinnamon


2 large eggs


1 cup sugar


½ cup vegetable or canola oil


1 cup pumpkin puree


1 tsp. vanilla extract


1 cup butterscotch chips






Directions:


Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; whisk to blend. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and light in color, about 1 minute. Blend in the oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Gently fold in the butterscotch chips with a spatula.

Drop mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them a few inches apart. Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through baking, until the tops feel set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, about 13-15 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheets 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

3 comments:

Reeni said...

Pumpkin and butterscotch sound like a delicious combo! They look real soft too just the way I like them!

Shari said...

These look SO DANG good! I want them NOW! I am a pumpkin lover and I love butterscotch too! Yummy! The pic isnt bad at all, I think they look very tasty Kel!

Butterscotch Cookies said...

Oh my lord, those look tasty. I'm definitely going to try this one out. Thanks for the recipe! :)