Saturday, October 30, 2010

SUGAR COOKIES WITH ROYAL ICING

So I might be a little late on a useful Halloween post, but at least the recipe and technique itself can be used for all sorts of holidays and occassions. I have never used royal icing to frost cookies, but was inspired by Annie's Eats post with her super cute cookies. I have always wondered how bakeries get such a smooth frosting that extends out to the edges of the cookies. I'm not sure if this is how they do it, but it certainly gives the same look. I will say that these take some planning, time, and patience, but worth it in the end. I thought these turned out fairly good for a novice and I learned a few things along the way. The sugar cookie recipe was pretty good and not too super sweet. I am not going to repost the recipe here because you really just need to click on the Annie's Eats link above and see her incredible cookies and step by step instructions for using this type of icing. She does a great job!

 




2 comments:

Lisa said...

The decoration on these cookies is really well done. They all look like they'd be a hit at any Halloween party.

Kelli said...

Thanks Lisa. They were a lot of fun!