Picky Palate to come up with such a fun idea. If you are not familiar with her blog, you should check it out. She's always putting a creative spin on baked goods!
She did brownie covered Oreos, but I also had gingersnaps and some Keebler cookies in my pantry, so I tried all three. I couldn't decide if I liked the Oreos better or the Keebler cookies better. My husband preferred the Oreos, then the gingersnaps, so to each his own I guess.
BROWNIE COVERED COOKIES
makes enough for a full package of Oreos
1 package brownie mix, prepared as directed on box
Cookies of choice such as Oreos, Keebler Chips Deluxe, Gingersnaps, etc. (as long as the diameter fits in a muffin tin, it will work)
White chocolate, melted
Sprinkles or other decor, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Generously spray a few muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package.
4. Dip cookies in brownie batter, flipping with fork to coat evenly.
5. Drop cookies into muffin tin.
6. Bake 12 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and IMMEDIATELY run a plastic knife around each muffin tin cup to loosen sides of brownie covered cookie so it won't stick.
8. Let cool in pan a few minutes, then remove to wire rack that has been set over aluminum foil.
9. Let cool a few more minutes, then drizzle with melted white chocolate* & sprinkle with colored sugar or other decor.
* To melt white chocolate chips, place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 25-30 seconds, stir, then microwave another 20-25 seconds, stir until smooth. Do not warm too much or it will scorch and be ruined.