Sunday, January 16, 2011

ORANGE "JULIUS" DRINK


This drink takes me back to my younger years when I'd cruise the mall with friends. We would always end up at Orange Julius to get one of these frothy orange treats. My mom would make it pretty regularly at home too. I haven't made this drink in years, and I had forgotten how good it really is. I doubled the recipe for my family, and because it's pretty heavy on the sugar, I substituted agave for some of it.

Orange "Julius" Drink
6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate*
1 C. skim milk
1 C. water
1/2 C. sugar (when doubled, I used 1/2 C. sugar & 1/3 C. agave)
1 tsp. vanilla
ice cubes

Blend well in blender and add ice cubes to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
* Can use other juice concentrates, but if using grape, pina colada or Hawaiian, decrease sugar by 1/4 C.



2 comments:

Carrian said...

My husband loooves orange julius. I used to hate it, but now I think it's so refreshing

Yadi I. said...

I kid you not: I've been thinking about an orange julious orange shake ALL DAY. Actually for a few months now. We don't have that food chain here in Puerto Rico.

This blog was sent from heaven! I came here because you just left a comment in one of my posts in my blog. And I'm SO glad you did!!!