Thursday, January 6, 2011

TURKEY ZUCCHINI BURGER


It wasn't until I had bitten into this burger that I realized it's a recipe I've got to keep track of , so sorry for the half-eaten look! I made turkey burgers fairly regularly, but not quite like this one. I got this recipe from Skinny Taste which I'm finding is going to be a great site to help me achieve my health goals. I added avocado to give it some good fat so that it was more "Zone-favorable", and instead of a bun, I served it on a low-carb wrap. This will definitely be included in our "rotation" dinner list.

TURKEY ZUCCHINI BURGER
makes 5 good size burgers
(Printable Recipe)

Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 burger no bun  Points: 3 ww pts (bun extra)
Calories: 156 • Fat: 6.8 g  Protein: 18.6 g  Carb: 5.5 g  Fiber: 1.3 g 
  • 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
  • 1 small zucchini, grated 
  • 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1 clove garlic, grated
  • 1 tbsp red onion, grated
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • oil spray
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Make 5 equal patties.

Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook on one side until browned, then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning and to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through.


Serve with condiments of choice such as sliced tomato, sliced red onion, sliced avocado, spinach, etc. Can serve on a bun or in a low-carb wrap.

5 comments:

Carrian said...

Kelli, could you email me at cadeandcarrian@gmail.com? It's regarding your apple chili

cbo said...

This looks good!

I Heart Salt Lake said...

I have to try out this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Janey said...

Anytime someone adds a recipe to their regular rotation, it HAS to be good. I will try this soon, because I need some healthy recipes for my weight loss goals. I'm using this awesome free site, loseit.com

Val said...

Kelli your Fries look yummy too. Baked?? I would love to know how you did them.