Friday, February 4, 2011

5 THINGS I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW.....

I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit and share with you some of the things that I'm really loving right now!  They are definitely worth trying out! (No, I'm not being paid for the "plug", but I wish I was!)

1.  LAUGHING COW LIGHT SPREADABLE CHEESE
 My family and I absolutely LOVE this stuff! It's unbelievably low in calories (35 per wedge) and is so soft and creamy.  We use it to top crackers, apples (YUM), pears, and spread it on a tortilla instead of mayo for a sandwich wrap. There are a few different flavors, but original swiss is the tastiest and most versatile overall in my opinion.

2.  MISSION BRAND CARB BALANCE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS
  I buy the fajita size whole wheat version of these tortillas.  I think they have the best flavor and texture of any low carb wraps or tortillas out there.  They only have 80 calories and 4 net carbs each! I'm so excited that Sam's Club has started carrying them because we go through a ton of these, yay!

3. TROPICANA TROP50 JUICES
  I would rarely buy juice until I found this. The great thing about this juice is that there's 50% less sugar and calories than comparable juice, and there's no artificial sweetener.  It's sweetened with stevia. I've tried all the flavors, orange, pineapple mago, pomegranite blueberry and apple.  We still don't drink juice a ton, but I don't feel so bad giving it to my kids now with so much less sugar!

4.  SILK PURE ALMOND MILK - LIGHT VANILLA
  I've been seeing this publicized a lot more lately, and I'm so glad because people need to know how good it really is!  I tried it for the first time about a year ago and now my kids BEG for it.  The dark chocolate flavor is really good, but the light vanilla is my favorite. It really does have a silky texture and adds a nice depth of flavor to my "Green Monster" Drinks (spinach smoothies).

5.  BESTLIFE BUTTERY SPRAY
  This is something I waffle back and forth on, but lately I've been back "on". I usually don't spread butter or margarine on my toast, muffins, potatoes, etc. But, when I want just a little buttery flavor I will spray a little of this on and it does the trick. Sure, it's pretty "fake", but when used sparingly, which is easy because of the spray top, it's a good way to cut out a lot of calories! And, the spray top is nice because you don't end up tearing your bread apart like often happens with butter.



WHAT THINGS ARE YOU LOVING RIGHT NOW??

5 comments:

Carrian said...

mmmmmmmm We love laughing cow!

cbo said...

I love laughing cow cheese too but I haven't used it for a while. Time to get some!
I also have loved spray butters, but haven't tried this one.
Also, I have a question for you...why are you drinking the almond milk instead of regular milk?

Kelli said...

I just like the flavor and "texture" of the almond milk. I still drink cow's milk most of the time, but I love the vanilla flavor. And, it adds a little richness to smoothies you just can't get with regular milk. I've enjoyed just trying different varieties of "milk" out there. I've even made my own almond milk just for fun!

Rachel McDonald said...

We've recently discovered some healthier crackers that Wal-Mart has. It's their new brand "World Table" and they have a berry flavored cracker which tastes like a cookie. Plus, you can eat a lot of crackers for little calories. Also, my new favorite is Special K "Crisps". They taste like sour cream & onion chips but you can again eat a lot of them, for little calories and not feel guilty & greased out afterwards.

Merut said...

I love laughing cow cheese. But right now I am loving honey dijon mustard, Girl Scouts thin mint cookies, and apple juice. All at the same time (kidding).