Monday, February 28, 2011

WARM CHICKEN CURRY DIP


I've mentioned before that my family loves to come home from church and just snack away. We don't really do a meal until dinner time, so I've been having fun trying different appetizer and snack recipes that I normally wouldn't try very often. We've come to LOVE the Baked Triple Veggie Dip so much that we compare everything else to it now. When I try a new recipe, I cross my fingers and hope I don't hear, "Oh, you should have made the Triple Veggie Dip instead!".  I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about the flavor combination of this dip. I knew I would be ok with it, and probably my husband would tolerate it, but really wasn't sure about the kids. Everyone loved it! Unique; yes, but in a good way, so go outside of your "box" and try this. And, if you don't like curry, leave it out, it will still be good with all those other flavors! Let me know what you think!

WARM CHICKEN CURRY DIP
Recipe from H.P. 2nd Ward Cookbook - G. Cook


1 C. finely chopped cooked chicken (or 1 can of chicken)
1/4 C. sliced green onion
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 garlic clove, minced (I used 2)
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Optional (but I highly recommend):
1/4 C. sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 C. sliced almonds (I used chopped cashews)
1/4 C. apricot jam

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Chop chicken and green onions. Combine chicken, green onions, cream cheese, mozzarella, garlic, curry powder and salt. Mix well and spread into the bottom of an 8" round pan. Bake 18-20 minutes. Combine coconut and almonds. Spread apricot jam over warm dip and then sprinkle with coconut mixture. Serve with apple wedges, crackers, celery sticks or on a baguette.



1 comment:

cbo said...

I really like your idea of a dip and snacks until dinnertime.
I am going to try it and see if it works for my family.
This dip sounds great!