Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Guest Post -- Sweet Basil -- TROPICAL NACHOS

I am so excited to have Carrian from Sweet Basil as a guest on my blog today! Her recipe sounds amazing! What better way to get a jump start on yummy summer-like dishes could you find? I can't wait to try it for myself. Her blog and mine have a lot of the same "feel" to them, so if you're a fan of my blog, chances are, you'll fall in love with hers too, so check it out!


Hi everyone! I'm so thrilled to get to do a guest post on Ambition's Kitchen! Kelli is so kind to let me pop onto her blog and post one of our faaaaavorite recipes ever.  My name is Carrian and I blog over at Sweet Basil. My husband and I met at college in Idaho. We were both personal trainers and we taught classes (abs that rock and pilates). Now we are married with two kids, ages 4 (5 in just a month!!!) and 8 months.
 I blog about recipes I've found to be good or have created myself. Sweet Basil is all about getting families back into the kitchen together. I think it's so important to eat together as a family and especially to let the kiddos cook with  you at least every now and again. Not to mention it's cheaper, and healthier to eat at home. 


Our little one has major sensitivities so I have a really restricted diet right now. I can't have dairy, soy, nut products other than peanut butter (weird that doesn't bother her) chocolate, or spicy foods. A lot of my recipes are dairy free ETC for the time being, or I show you the regular recipe and the adjustments I made to my serving to be dairy free etc.


Make sure you stop by to say hello!


Ok, enough of that!!! This is one of our favorite recipes to make and with Mangoes coming out it's a great time to try it for yourselves!


MMMMMMMM TROPICAL NACHOS!!!!!!!

Tropical Nachos
Recipe By Carrian of Sweet Basil blog


(Printable Recipe)


1 Pkg Wontons, sliced on the diagonal and fried
3 Chicken breasts
1/2 cup plus more for drizzling (or more depending on desired spiciness) Sweet Chile Sauce (found in the Asian Foods Section)
2 Mangoes (very ripe), chopped
1/3 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Avocado, chopped
Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded


Heat the oven to 350 and place three chicken breasts in a baking dish. Cover with the sweet chili sauce and then cover the pan with foil. Bake 25-30 min or until done.  Remove from oven and shred.


Meanwhile, toss together the mangoes, avocados, cilantro and red pepper. Set aside.


Turn the oven to 450. Place wontons on a cookie sheet and cover with chicken and cheese. Bake until the cheese is bubbly.


Place the chicken wontons on a plate and cover with mango salsa and drizzle with a little more sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Fleur de Bee said...

YUM! Sounds delish! Will have to give this one a whirl and tell you how I like it :)