Wednesday, March 16, 2011

RAINBOW CUPCAKES FOR ST. PATTY'S DAY


We really don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day too much around here, but when I saw this cute cupcake idea at The Fickle Pickle, I knew it would be perfect for a little neighbor treat. If you go to her blog, you will see that hers are decked out more than mine. I tried to find something to make a "rainbow" like hers, but failed :(
These look fairly ordinary from the outside, but take a look at the inside
How cool is that? This one didn't turn out quite as colorful inside as others; you can hardly see the purple layer on the bottom and the red and orange layers kinda intertwined. My kids thought these were just magical!

Rainbow Cupcakes
makes approx. 18


1 box white cake mix, prepared according to package
Separate batter equally into 5 bowls and add food coloring to each to make red, orange, yellow, green and purple or blue
In cupcake liners, spoon each color of batter in layers* until liner is 3/4 full.
Bake according to package

* I imagine if you were to swirl the layers, you'd have a tie-dye cupcake!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I am just lovin these cupcakes! SO cute! : )