Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"SPICY" MARINATED BURGERS


While searching for a turkey burger recipe, I came across this one, but almost dismissed it because it's title said "spicy", and just saying the word spicy makes my kids tongue burn! But, once I got looking through it, I realized I could adjust the spice level to my family's liking. And I'm glad I did. These turned out so moist and flavorful! 

SPICY MARINATED BURGERS         makes 5 burgers


1 1/4 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey (I used turkey)
1/4 C. water
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 tsp. EACH, BBQ sauce, Chili powder, Cumin (I suggest 1/2 tsp.), Cajun seasoning (I omitted this to cut down on spiciness)
1/2 tsp. EACH black pepper, red pepper flakes 
1/4 tsp. EACH tabasco sauce, liquid smoke
Buns & toppings of choice. I used Sandwich Thins, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and red onion*

* A tip for using raw onion - soak sliced onion in cold water, then pat dry to decrease its "bite".

Combine all ingredients but the ground meat and mix together in a medium sized bowl. Crumble beef over the top of the mixture and then use your hands to thoroughly combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to "marinate" the meat. Shape into 5 patties, then grill to your liking. Serve on bun with desired toppings.

1 comment:

Rachel McDonald said...

These look and sound so good! I will try and remember to make these next week after we go to the grocery store!