Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FRITO SALAD


This is one of those good stand-by potluck recipes that almost everyone likes and it makes a lot. It's also a great way to use up fresh produce from your garden. Adding the Fritos chips on top at the last minute gives the salad a nice salty crunch. I am not a fan of celery, but I actually don't mind it in this recipe. It's not a dominant flavor, with everything else going on. It uses bottled Catalina dressing, which I didn't have, but I made my own and it turned out even better than store-bought!

FRITO SALAD
(Printable Recipe)

4 green onions, sliced thin
2-3 small green bell peppers, chopped 
4 tomatoes, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped

Place above ingredients in large bowl. 
Add:

3 cans red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
1 bottle Catalina Light salad dressing
1 small package Fritos chips

Mix all ingredients; chill. Add 1 package Fritos corn chips just before serving.

No comments: