Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SWEET PEANUT CHICKEN MEATBALLS


I've had chicken with peanut butter sauce before, but this I have to say, is my favorite so far! I am a little embarrassed to admit that I don't think I've ever cooked with ground chicken before. I've meant to, but haven't found it in the fresh meat department, so I always use ground turkey. Then, I found some in the frozen food section. I might be hooked on ground chicken after tasting these. They tuned out so tender and flavorful without too much peanut butter taste. They can easily be used as a unique appetizer too. If you've never had peanut butter with meat, this is the recipe to try!

SWEET PEANUT CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Recipe from Rachael Ray Magazine

1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 C. chopped fresh cilantro (I used slightly less)
1/4 C. dried breadcrumbs
1/4 C. grated onion
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 tsp. salt 
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
1/4 C. peanut butter
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. sesame oil
chopped peanuts for garnish

Mix chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; roll into 1- Tablespoon balls.  In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Add meatballs and cook though, about 6-8 minutes, flipping half way through cooking time. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients (except peanuts) and warm in microwave for about 30-60 seconds. Pour sauce over meatballs in skillet and sprinkle peanuts on top. Serve.




No comments: