Monday, November 7, 2011

HEALTHY BROWNIE BATTER DIP {A.K.A. DESSERT HUMMUS)


Within 5 minutes of seeing this recipe on Nourishing Flourishing, I had this dip whipped up! (I swear, I actually had about 1/2 C. of baked sweet potato hanging out in my fridge. It was meant to be!)
 I love, love brownie batter! And, for it to actually be healthy AND taste good?
 Wow. It really does taste like brownie batter! My kids and I couldn't get enough of it.
Some might be a little turned off when they read "white beans" as an ingredient, but I promise, you would never know they were in there!*
 I thought pretzels as the dipper were super good with that little saltiness they lend, but I imagine apples and graham crackers would be delicious too! Now I can't wait to try the other varieties of dessert hummus such as cinnamon raisin cookie, chocolate chip cookie dough...maybe tomorrow. Enough beans for one day :)

HEALTHY BROWNIE BATTER DIP
1 C. cooked or canned white beans, drained & rinsed
2 Tbsp. cashew butter (I used peanut butter)
2 tsp. vanilla
5 Tbsp. agave or honey (I used a combo of both)
1/4 C. cooked sweet potato or pumpkin puree
1/4 C. cocoa powder
sprinkle of salt

Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Dish it up and serve with your favorite dippers such as pretzel sticks, apples or graham crackers.
* Tastes best at room temperature! You can detect the beans a bit when it's cold.

No comments: