Monday, February 27, 2012

Brown Butter Banana Bread Filled with Peanut Butter Cups { for the Secret Recipe Club }

Brown Butter Banana Bread Filled with PB Cups
Here it is…my first post for the Secret Recipe Club. It was so fun to be introduced to Carrie’s blog, Bakaholic Mama. What  great blog she’s got going! After skimming through a few recipes, I came upon this and knew my kids would go “ga-ga” for it because they love all things peanut butter, but to have it in this otherwise healthy banana bread, even better!
I followed the recipe exactly other than I had to bake mine a few minutes longer. I think I chopped up my mini peanut butter cups a little too small, so next time (and there will be a next time!), I make this bread, I will probably leave the cups chunkier and bump up the quantity slightly! This would be a great dessert served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Thanks Carrie for such a creative spin on banana bread!

12 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Peanut butter, banana and chocolate...total yum!!

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A' SRC entry: Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites and my Group 'D' entry: Health(ier) Peanut Brittle

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Carrie said...

Hi Kelli, Your bread looks fantastic!! And it didn't fall like mine did!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

For a minute I thought maybe you had my blog because I made banana muffins with mini peanut butter cups in them, but didn't use browned butter. Will definitely have to try that!

Gingered Whisk said...

Oh man! This bread looks (and sounds) AMAZING! Great job!! I bet you all loved it!

Kelley - The Culinary Enthusiast said...

Browned butter = delicious. Peanut butter cups = delicious. I don't see how you could go wrong with this recipe! Well done, looks good!

Casey @ Beautiful Disasters said...

I love banana bread. This looks like a very tasty version!

Jocelyn said...

We love all things peanut butter cup related too!!!! PB cups and banana bread is an awesome way to go. Love it!!!!

Lisa said...

Now that is one great way to kick up banana bread.

April Tuell Angels Homestead said...

Yum! You had me at peanut butter cups. This recipe just might get my family to like banana bread as much as I do.

Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers said...

Oh my! What a sinfully good looking bread!

cbo said...

I can't wait to try this one!

Nicole @ I am a Honey Bee said...

I love those mini peanut butter cups. TJ also has them teeny tiny.

bread looks amazing.