Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PEANUT GINGER CHICKEN & MY BLOG TURNS “2” TODAY!

Peanut Ginger Chicken
Wow! I’ve really been blogging for 2 years? I still remember the day I, on a whim, started this blog. My very first post was this Earthquake Cake. I have to say, I’ve learned a few things on blogging and photography since then, but still have a looonng way to go! You’d think I would have posted a dessert for a birthday post, and to be honest, I wanted to but it just didn’t happen. But, I’m not disappointed one bit to be posting this delicious chicken recipe that I got from The Sister's Cafe. The recipe also included a mango salsa that yes, I made, but somehow totally forgot to set out on the dinner table. Uggghh. Oh well, it was still super good without it.
Peanut Ginger Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs. of chicken tenders
1/2 C. boiling water
1/2 C. peanut butter
1/4 C. bottled chili sauce
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. white or rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. fresh ground ginger or 1 tsp. dry ground (fresh is best!)
In a medium mixing bowl, gradually stir water into peanut butter. (The mixture will stiffen at first.) Stir in chili sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, and ginger. Add chicken; stir to coat it with marinade. Chill in refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
At dinner time, grill the chicken. Or, layer the chicken in a broiler-safe pan lined with tin foil, spooning the excess marinade over the chicken and put it 10-12 inches under the broiler set at 450 for 5-7 minutes on both sides for chicken tenders, and approx. 15 minutes per side for chicken breasts. Chicken is done when meat thermometer reads 175 F. to 180 F. The chicken should have slightly blackened edges.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy belated anniversary. Your chicken looks wonderful and sounds delicious. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary