Friday, May 18, 2012

Simple 3 Ingredient Ice Cream {With Brownie Chunks!}

Simple 3 Ingredient Ice Cream
My husband and I are HUGE ice cream fans! When we were first married, we seriously would grab a shake at our favorite local ice cream joint, Charlie’s, at least 3 or 4 times a week! Times have changed and our diets have evolved (thank goodness). But, we still hit Charlie’s a few times a month with the kids. My order is usually pretty custom, and kind of embarrassing, so even if my husband is the driver, he makes me lean all the way across him to give the gal my order. It usually goes something like this; “I’d like a regular size shake made with half soft serve frozen yogurt and half ice cream, with brownies and ________. And, if you could leave the brownie kinda chunky that would be great!” It’s funny how stone-faced those ice cream gals can be when I place my less than simple order!
I used to make ice cream at home quite a bit until my machine broke. I finally got a new one a few months ago, so I’m back at it. I got this recipe from my sister, who actually made it without an ice cream maker! It’s so incredibly easy, but dangerous because this is full fat, full sugar, and all the calories to go with it! But SOOOO good!

SIMPLE 3 INGREDIENT ICE CREAM                   makes about 1.5 quarts

2 C. Heavy Whipping Cream (or 1 C. each Half & Half and Heavy Cream)
1 (14 oz.) can Sweet & Condensed Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
(Add ins as desired such as brownie chunks, use my eggless cookie dough, Oreo chunks, fruit, etc.)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ICE CREAM MAKER:  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, being sure to thoroughly incorporate the condensed milk. Pour into ice cream maker and churn as per instructions. Mix your add ins into the ice cream, transfer to a sealed container and place in freezer for a few hours to firm up more, or enjoy as soft serve consistency!

INSTRUCTIONS WITHOUT ICE CREAM MAKER:  Whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add sweet & condensed milk and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add mix ins and freeze in freezer for 6 hours then serve!









No comments: