Monday, May 28, 2012

TWICE-BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE {For The Secret Recipe Club}

Twice Baked Potato Casserole
For this month’s Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned the blog, Angel's Homestead. I found myself bookmarking several of her tempting recipes, but I kept coming back to this one. As a kid, I loved twice baked potatoes, but we rarely ever had them. Maybe it was because my mom didn’t want to go to all the trouble and time to make them. Well, April has come up with a brilliant solution to that problem with this Twice-Baked Potato Casserole recipe. Once the potatoes were baked, it took just a few minutes to throw together and pop in the oven to let the cheese get all melted and gooey. The kids pretty much ignored everything else on their dinner plates!

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole

1.5 pounds potatoes (I used Yukon Gold), baked
Sea Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder to taste (I also added garlic powder)
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
2 C. sour cream (I only used 1 1/4 C. of light)
Chopped Fresh Chives (my addition)
1 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese

Cut baked potatoes into small cubes. Place half in a 8x11 or 9x13 baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.  Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of the melted butter over the tops of the potatoes, then sprinkle with seasonings, chives and half the bacon. Dot with half the sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers and bake in a 350 F. oven for 20 minutes, or until cheeses have melted. 







1 comment:

April Tuell Angels Homestead said...

Oh yum, your picture makes me wish I had some of this right now. : ) Glad to hear your family enjoyed it so much. Happy Memorial Day!