Monday, June 25, 2012

LEMON YOGURT CAKE {for the Secret Recipe Club}

Lemon Yogurt Cake

This month’s Secret Recipe Club assignment was a little trickier than usual. The More Than Occassional Baker is a blog from the UK, which means I had to do some conversions like Celsius to Fahrenheit, grams and milliliters to ounces, and I used my scale instead of measuring cups. It was kind of a fun little challenge!
I have to admit that I had to search through tons of her recipes to find one that I could make with stuff I had on hand because It’s been a crazy week and I didn’t get around to it until late last night. Lucky for me I came upon this simple cake recipe that sounded refreshing and light for a mid-morning snack.

Lemon Yogurt Cake

1 C. Self-Rising Flour (find how to make it here)
1/2 C. Honey (she uses sugar)
3/4 C. minus 2 Tbsp. Plain Nonfat Yogurt
1/2 C. Canola Oil
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Zest of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 350 F. 
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour into 9" round cake pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick test comes out clean. Cool in pan and serve as desired.













15 comments:

Gingered Whisk said...

Yum! This cake looks great, and I bet it was perfect for a mid morning snack!!

Lisa~~ said...

Looks delicious, I adore the flavors of lemon and honey together.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC entry: Candied Popcorn.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Jo said...

sounds delicious, I love using honey in baking when I can, will have to give this a try! Visiting from group C!

Baking Addict said...

I'm so pleased you picked this cake as it's really quick and easy to make and tastes delicious! Good idea using honey - must try that next time.

amy @ fearless homemaker said...

I'm a huuuuge citrus + lemon lover, so this cake looks absolutely wonderful to me. great pick for the SRC!

Kelley @ The Culinary Enthusiast said...

Great photo! Looks good.

Rituparna said...

A combination of lemon & yogurt, now who could resist that. Delicious !
Great SRC pick.

Lindsay {life and kitchen} said...

This looks so delicious and refreshing!

Kelli said...

Thank you for the compliments. It is a perfect snacking cake because it's not overly sweet with just the right amount of tang. You really should try it!

Karen S Booth said...

Ros is a fried of mine and she has a SUPER blog, so lovely to see one of her recipes being highlighted here for SRC!
What a GREAT recipe! LOVE it, it's lovely to meet you and your blog through SRC - visiting from group D and Lavender and Lovage! Karen :-)

SallyBR said...

I adore lemon yogurt cake, I had her blog last time as my assignment too

great blog!

Happy (Belated) Reveal Day!

Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies said...

What a super simple cake!!!! Love it! Great SRC pick!

Kristy Lynn said...

snacking cake can't be made in my house because if it is, i will literally sit down, piece by piece and consume it until it's gone. the partner HAS to be home when it comes out of the oven or my hips are in trouble! haha.. especially when there's lemon and honey in it!

happy src reveal, friend!

Kels @ K and K Test Kitchen said...

Oh this cake sounds lovely! I'm imagining it served with tea.

Dorothy at Shockinglydelicious said...

Wonderful choice! And well done on the conversion. (Visiting you from SRC Group D.)