Monday, July 30, 2012

SNICKERS SALAD {FOR SECRET RECIPE CLUB}

Snickers Salad
This month’s Secret Recipe Club assigned blog was, Bru Crew Life. I must say, picking a recipe to make from Jocelyn’s blog was the toughest for me so far. How was I possibly to choose just one out of such amazing treats as White Chocolate Goo Goo Cluster Brownies, Brookie Bites, and Peanut Butter Pie Parfaits, just to name a few? Well, in the end I decided on this unique Snickers Salad because it’s SOOOO different than anything I’d typically think of making either as a dessert or a salad. (But you better believe I will be trying those other recipes real soon!)
I had to laugh when my 9 year old daughter asked what we were having for dessert and I told her Snickers salad, she gasped and said, “Eeeww, gross! Snickers in salad for dessert?” It was kind of a proud moment for me that my daughter knows salad around here to be spinach and lettuce :)  Needless to say, she was more than happy to scarf down this sweet concoction!

Snickers Salad

1 (3.5 oz.) box Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 C. Milk
1 container Cool Whip
8 Apples, diced (I used 2 very large apples and that was PLENTY)
6 Snickers Candy Bars (I used about 10 fun size), cut into chunks
Mix the pudding with the milk. Stir. Fold in Cool Whip. Let set up in refrigerator for at least one hour. Add the apples and Snickers and enjoy!







17 comments:

The Double Dipped Life said...

Oh, wow! I've had this salad before and it's so good! Surprise! I baked from your blog today. It was perfect as I'm from Utah too and it was my 3 yr blog anniversary, so I made your cake and your ice cream! Thanks!
doubledippedlife.com

Lisa~~ said...

What a delicious and different treat, very fun.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC entry: Double Chocolate Mousse Cake.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Jocelyn said...

Such a fun moment to "trick" your daughter with the salad. My kids always think the green stuff too when I say salad! I am so glad you tried and liked my Snickers recipe:-)

Gingered Whisk said...

Wow, this sounds like a perfect party food! Great pick! :)

Sarah E. said...

I definitely could see why you'd have a tough time picking from Jocelyn's blog! But you chose such a good looking recipe!! You cannot go wrong with Snickers :)

Renee Goerger said...

Seems you can't go wrong with this combination of flavors and textures! YUM!

Casey said...

My Grandma had a recipe JUST LIKE this! This one sounds incredible. I'd be game for any salad with cool whip and snickers ;)

Kels @ K and K Test Kitchen said...

Haha, I had no idea what to expect when I clicked the thumbnail from the link-up for this "Snickers Salad." It sounds totally delicious though!

Rituparna said...

I was going through the same dilemma last month. It is such a gorgeous blog. Love your pick.

Shari TheSaucyGourmet said...

So since I am on a diet to lose some weight before we go on a cruise and pig out and I have vowed to eat more salads and less meat, does this count :) Oh boy does that look yummy!

Kristy Lynn said...

haha - this is very fun!
happy belated SRC reveal day!

Kirstin said...

Wow...almost like a caramel apple dessert. Yum!

Baking Addict said...

Hi! I'm visiting from SRC Group D. I'm glad this salad does not have spinach or lettuce! ;-P It looks delicious and very indulgent. Great SRC pick!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of trying this recipe to take to a thanksgiving luncheon but i'm not sure what size cool whip to use. Is it just the regular size tub or the large?
Thanks for the help!

Kelli said...

Anonymous - I used the regular size tub of cool whip, but I'm sure the larger would be good too, just more fluffy I suppose. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

When baking for ( 2 ) do you think using half of all the ingredients would change the taste too much?

Lisa D. said...

OMG!! Just found this on Pinterest and I'm dying over here!!! I must make this. Snicker is my weakness!!! Thanks for sharing! Come visit me sometime!